Reference #: W5439
Support the cat risk analysis and modeling for a leading specialty insurance firm
- Serve as key point of reference for Cat Modeling/Management for Latin America and Public-sector entities portfolios
- Provide Business Units with actionable business insights, analytics through portfolio data analysis
- Ensure that all appropriate data is captured in the Property Data Warehouse in a complete, timely, and accurate fashion.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of pre-underwriting modeling requests.
- Validate the accuracy of risk level data and adjusting the data as necessary.
- Support the development of tools and processes to capture and assess non-modelled perils
- Complete Regulatory and Outwards Reinsurance modeling submissions
- Create modeled Pro Forma portfolios for Business Planning Purposes.
- Produce modeled losses in the period before, and after a significant Catastrophe.
- Work with our process support vendors, SGS and RMSI, in line with SLA’s.
- Attend industry conferences and transfer knowledge to the risk modeling department on current best practice.
- 1-2 years Cat Modeling and Risk Analytics experience.
- Fluent in a variety of third-party vendor models, RMS essential
- Strong programming and technical skills e.g. SQL, Python, R, VBA, Tableau, Alteryx
- Actuarial/technical pricing knowledge a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak Spanish fluently (Portuguese is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, actuarial science, hard sciences, computer science, or related field required