Reference #: W5339
Provide comprehensive data management sourcing & support for a prestigious alternative investment firm
- Support investment management and research needs for new and creative sources of alternative data, through collating and documenting business requirements.
- Proactively investigate, identify, procure new data sets to aid advanced data driven decision-making processes.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with external providers, employ commercial procurement methods to evaluate cost vs value, and partner with legal to assist in reviewing documentation where appropriate.
- Partner with data engineering to oversee the production of new data sets for consumption across the stakeholder groups.
- In conjunction with internal clients, continually improve operational processes in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the data management group.
- Assume additional ad-hoc requirements to assist senior management with strategy execution.
- 3+ years’ experience sourcing, research and/or creation of multiple forms of alternative/non-traditional Market Data,
- Must have experience working with various data providers, negotiating complex contracts and terms and conditions that fall outside a normal template contract
- Proven collaborative skills and the ability to interface and work with Front Office and IT staff
- Business knowledge as it relates to capital markets (equities, fixed income, commodities, etc.).
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field