Reference #: W5411
Supporting the treasury accounting team for an innovative financial institution
- Assess and Improve upon hedging strategies in conjunction with the Capital Market team
- Provide oversite to ensure the accurate completion of monthly close activities related to derivatives activities. Present month-end results to senior management
- Utilize data analytics and automation tools to improve efficiency and quality of processes
- Analyze business flows related to derivative portfolio to identify variances and trends to keep key stakeholders aware and informed on related impacts
- Research technical accounting issues related to treasury and provide commentary and review of treasury-related information in the 10-K, 10-Q, earnings release and other regulatory filings for accuracy.
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP, SEC regulations and other regulatory guidance.
- Partner with project management and business partner teams, to design and implement new business product / program initiatives and processes
- Lead coordination of internal audit review and SOX compliance
- Provide Coaching, Training, and Mentorship to a team of associates and analysts.
- 6+ years financial reporting / audit experience within financial services
- Experience with technical research on treasury accounting issues
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP and experience with accounting of financial instruments
- Technical knowledge, including data transformation, Business intelligence tools and automation scripting (e.g., Python)
- Strong communications skills
- Undergraduate Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other related field of study. CPA preferred