Reference #: W5405
Senior leadership position in an innovative real estate investment manager
- Provide company-wide guidance for operational risk and compliance policy and/or procedure-related matters and advise business leaders on the implementation or operation of compliance programs.
- Collaborate with the Legal team to understand company-wide legal and regulatory requirements.
- Review current organizational control and compliance practices by meeting with business leaders to assess strengths, opportunities, and gaps. Develop and implement a compliance strategy to align with organizational goals and mitigate risks.
- Manage the development of formalized company, regional office and departmental policies and procedures. Ensure that all policies and procedures are properly communicated, accessible, documented and maintained. Communicate changes to compliance policy and procedure.
- Establish monitoring/testing programs, reporting metrics, scorecards and channels to identify and mitigate operational and compliance risk.
- Serve as the liaison for external agencies such as vendors, BBB and regulatory and insurance agencies in collaboration with the General Counsel.
- Provide direction regarding third party outsourcing to ensure all current and potential agreements with vendors, contractors and other service providers meet requirements and qualifications. Lead annual vendor reviews.
- Train, develop, and manage direct reports to achieve organizational goals. Coach and mentor direct reports to enhance their skillset and departmental capabilities. Lead a high performing division that is execution focused and disciplined in approach.
- Minimum 15 years of experience, with progressive responsibility in compliance, audit, operations or management positions with direct compliance responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience creating, launching, and implementing compliance programs.
- Knowledge of property management, real estate or similar industry a plus.
- Must be comfortable in a small but nimble organization and working cross-functionally as an individual contributor
- Experience working with and advising senior leaders in a strategic, professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA/Masters preferred)