Website Investment bank
Reference #: W5584
Market risk leadership position supporting the credit trading/distressed team of an international investment bank
- Effectively risk manage all relevant risk factors inherent to the trading of distressed instruments (market risk, legal risk, idiosyncratic and restructuring risk)
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative risk analysis on distressed debt instruments both prior to and post trade execution
- Provide recommendations and analysis on risk mitigation strategies
- Proactively assess positions including deep dive investigations of large P&L and/or risk movements, and quantify existing and new risks while providing cogent commentary to senior stakeholders.
- Assist in the definition, review and implementation of limits and ensure risk is well monitored and reported.
- Participate in the development of new and enhanced risk tools
- Perform impact analysis of new models including testing for valuation and risk across the HY book(s)
- Develop and compute Stress‐test scenarios and analyze the results.
- Ensure updated and relevant reserves and Prudent Valuation methodologies are in place.
- Relevant quantitative market risk management experience
- Strong knowledge of fundamental credit analysis and/or financial modelling skills gained from prior experience within corporate credit analysis.
- Strong knowledge of restructuring process and associated trading strategies
- Understanding quantitative risk measures and related modeling / methodology
- Ability to understand, identify, and communicate key risks associated with a variety of processes and transaction structures.
- Experience in credit trading (High Yield Cash/CDS) preferred
- Masters degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, physics, math)