Website Large Financial Services Firm
Senior position providing technical accounting leadership within a large financial services firm
- Audit coverage includes end-to-end processes for capital markets division, financial reporting and valuation of complex financial instruments across business segments, regulatory and economic capital, and framework for measuring corporate profitability.
- Provide a solid technical accounting understanding
- Assist the Audit Director in developing a strategic vision to enhance and clarify the framework for how the Internal Audit division covers financial reporting and valuation risk.
- Execute objective assurance services designed to add value and improve operation for the company
- Conduct internal training sessions to share knowledge and best practices.
- 10+ years public accounting, risk management, internal audit experience
- Solid understanding of the financial services industry, including experience in Accounting Policy, Controller’s Group or equivalent
- Experience auditing financial institutions with a focus on financial risk
- Proficiency in audit methodology and risk/controls assessments
- Experience managing and developing finance professionals
- Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal skills
- BS/BA (Finance / Accounting / Business or related discipline). CPA/CIA preferred