Reference #: W5390
Support the strategic Enterprise Risk Management initiatives for a leading insurance/financial firm
- Development of actuarial investigations and evaluation of the enterprise level risk
- Participate in improvement of risk/return pricing standards and risk management methodologies based on actuarial and capital markets/economic principles.
- Review of new product strategies, development, design, pricing, and implementation.
- Analytical analysis and economic capital reporting including investigation of changes in EC due to ALM forecasts, investing activities, and management actions
- Implement process improvements, consistency, governance, controls, and oversight.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on life and group insurance product knowledge and reserve requirements, economic capital, principles-based reserves/capital, IFRS, etc.
- Extend from existing traditional actuarial accounting (statutory, GAAP) metrics to economic/capital market principles-based metrics & tools to evaluate risk return trade-offs in core decisions (e.g. product development, investment management, asset liability management, capital management).
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, actuarial science, hard sciences, computer science, or related field required
- FSA or ASA with 2+ years actuarial science experience in modeling & analytics including demonstrated solid experience and understanding of risk management practices and processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Life//Annuities and group insurance mechanics and product strategies
- Knowledge of insurance, investments, and enterprise risks.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of STAT and GAAP requirements.
- Proficiency with ALFA or similar projection software systems
- Experience with Triton or similar valuation software systems
- Familiarity with VBA, C++, C#, JAVA, and other programming languages. Access, SAS, or other data management packages
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.