Reference #: W5501
Support the engineering quality assurance monitoring of a global aerospace firm
- Provide technical support of quality assurance, engineering, manufacturing, and test efforts
- Provide input to and participates in Configuration Control Board (CCB) and Material Review Board (MRB) activities
- Contribute to design and project reviews internally and with customers
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure compliance with in-house processes/procedures and regulatory standards
- Coordinates and actively participate in outside inspection, analysis and other tests (i.e., hydrophone acoustic testing, component failure analysis, and factory/site acceptance testing (FAT/SAT)
- Provide training for receiving and in-process inspection personnel
- Generate Quality Program Plans and Quality Assurance Procedures
- Develop Pricing and Delivery Cost Estimates, Department ETCs and EACs
- 5+ years’ experience in inspection/quality engineering in an aerospace or equivalent type of manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Sampling Procedures, and familiar with SPC, TQM Lean Six Sigma quality engineering methodologies
- Working knowledge of incoming and in-process inspection techniques; ability to read and understand engineering drawings; specifications; hands-on support for mechanical, electrical and optical inspections.
- Fluent use of PC based programs such as MS Office, MRP systems, AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks.
- Strong background in ISO9001/AS9100D, Quality Management Systems. Familiar with ANSI Z540 calibration requirements, ANSI Z1
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering or related field.